Sunday, May 23, 2010

After this year, I am definetely a ten times better writer. Last year I had no confidence whatsoever in my writing skills and it showed. But after going through lots of work this year with literary analysis, and all the other topics and things we've covered involving writing. Now i can easily sit down and go ever the rubrics and checklists on my own and figure out and fix each thing I think could be better. Before, I barely understood the things I was doing wrong, and now I can point them out in my own work.
I still am sure that I'm not a perfect writer. I obviously have some things that still need improvement. But I have gone from getting C's and D's on essays to getting A's and B's. One thing i know needs a little work is my hooks. I always start with a question which is a bad habit, but I never think of a better hook until later. Getting more commentary into each paragraph and chunk is still a bit of a challenge also. But I have still greatly improved either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment